27 May Hispanic Homeowners Are Confident When Making a Bold Impression with Paint
Sherwin-Williams’ fifth annual National Painting Week or, as we like to call it, Semana Anual Nacional de Pintura is in full swing and homes and communities across North America are being splashed with bold and colorful news looks.
According to a new survey conducted by Nielsen on behalf of Sherwin-Williams, the timing for National Painting Week couldn’t be better. Nearly 70% of homeowners surveyed said they plan to take on a painting project in the next 12 months, and 73% state there is a positive emotional impact after painting a space.
Sherwin-Williams is making it easy for homeowners to follow through on their plans with a National Painting Week sale and by helping them find the right colors, paint and tools.
In addition, during National Painting Week and throughout May, thousands of Sherwin-Williams associates across North America will be volunteering to refresh more than 275 locations in need of a fresh coat of paint, such as community centers, parks and historic landmarks.
Sonia Pinta Bien
Design expert Sonia Velásquez, will be joining Sherwin-Williams by participating in a community project and offering tips about how to make bold impressions. DIY bloggers and design professionals will also be sharing their inspirational ideas in the form of before-and-after reveals and project renderings.
“I am delighted to participate once again this year with Sherwin-Williams and be able to inspire Hispanic homeowners for their projects,” mentioned Sonia. “Hispanics never shy away from the opportunity to impress while entertaining family and friends at home and we know we can count on Sherwin-Williams to help with the best paint and color options. I am looking forward to sharing helpful tips for creating bold impressions in the home, as well as fun and easy DIY painting projects that can be tackled in one weekend.”
Survey reveals homeowner sentiment for projects
The Sherwin-Williams National Painting Week survey conducted by Nielsen revealed insights into homeowners’ mind-sets when it comes to painting projects and future plans, notably showing that most homeowners (69%) are planning to paint an area in their home in the next 12 months.
Among key findings from the survey include:
- The majority of Hispanic homeowners (73%) state there is positive emotional impact after painting a space.
- Nearly three quarters of Hispanic homeowners (73%) said they’d be willing to spend more than $100 on a DIY painting project, compared to 59% non-Hispanics.
- More than two thirds of Hispanic homeowners (68%) are very confident when considering a painting project, compared to 59% non-Hispanics.
- When asked how best to make a room stand out, over half of respondents (57%) chose painting an accent color on one wall.
- Pinterest and other online sources where identified (47%) by Hispanic homeowners as sources for ideas and inspiration when selecting paint colors.
- For some Hispanic homeowners, it may be time for a door refresh, as the survey also indicated that more than a quarter (28%) haven’t had their front door painted in six or more years.
#SWPAINTINGWEEK is not over yet! For more information visit www.semanadepintura.com for inspiration, home improvement ideas, community projects, coupon codes and more.